What comes up in mind when you hear Valentine's Day? Yes - roses, presents, love hearts, cards and CHOCOLATE. Right?!
If you're still looking for a little something to whip up for V-Day, feast your eyes on this easy chocolate bark recipe that will sure win the heart of your loved ones. You'll only need 4 ingredients (say whaaaa!) and maybe 10 minutes of your time. Yes, you can thank me now and perhaps blame me for forever ruining your diet - mwahahahahaha *evil laugh*.
200g of milk chocolate
200g of dark chocolate
Flaked almonds (or whatever type of nuts you want to substitute with)
1 teaspoon of coffee liqueur
1. Place almonds in the oven to roast for 10 minutes or until brown. Set aside to cool.
2. Finely chop the chocolate and melt in bowl placed on top of a boiling pot.
3. Once chocolate is melted, add the coffee liqueur, half of the roasted almonds and mix together well.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture onto a board lined with aluminium foil. Spread it evenly into a layer of 1/2 cm of thickness (or to however thin/thick you'd like it to be).
5. Sprinkle the rest of almonds on top and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden. Once hard, break it into small pieces and place in an airtight container.
Hint - try changing up what chocolate & liqueur you use. I've done a batch of white chocolate and peppermint with roasted almonds - YUM.