Hello lovely creatives out there!
Yes, another parcel swap here and I really do hope you're not getting bored of this because I'm certainly having a ball organising it and seeing what you guys come up with. So to kick off Post-a-Parcel for 2014, here is our first for the year and what better time to do one than Valentine's Day!
Who can get involved //
Anyone and everyone who loves collecting, creating, gift wrapping and receiving pretty packages in the mail.
What is it? //
A project aimed to resurrect the notion of sending and receiving parcels. This time, on Valentine's Day!
The first step is to sign up by email and answer the short questionnaire below. Once you've done that, I'll read through everyone's answers and will pair up (to the best of my ability) people with similar interests. You will then get an email from me notifying you of your partner and their email address, and this is where YOU will need to get in contact with them and swap address details etc.
Once you have your parcel partner, the fun begins. This is where you have free reign - be as creative as you want. You can make things, buy things or even collect things to put in the parcel as long as you have a total of 5 different items in it. For this particular parcel exchange, think of anything and everything to do with Valentine's Day... think heart-shaped garlands, home-made Hershey kisses, arrows made out of pretty paper etc etc!
After you have all received our parcels, take a photo of it, upload it on Instagram or Facebook (be sure to tag: @nianeve #postaparcel). Make sure you upload photos of your parcels because not only will there be a little reward for the most creative, but it'll be great to collect all our photos in one place so everyone can browse through them easily.
If you think you'd like to get involved in this parcel exchange, copy & paste this short questionnaire into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up by no later than Thursday 23 January. Your partner's details will be emailed to you on Friday 24 January.
3. Location (Town/Country)
5. Email address
6. Instagram ID
OK - the annoying bit - guidelines...
After our first 2 rounds, there were a few issues that I need to clarify so pretty pretty please follow these guidelines closely to ensure we all receive our parcels in one piece.
- Once you sign up & have been assigned a parcel partner, you will COMMIT to creating/sending them their parcel. It won't be fun if you get something and your partner doesn't.
- Remember to fill up your parcel with 5 different items. No less and no more, and all 5 items need to total to a minimum of $10 (Australian dollar). This doesn't include postage costs so please take this into account, especially if you have an international partner. If you are feeling generous and would like to spend a bit more, you are more than welcomed to do so.
- You can send anything in your parcel - yes even FOOD, but please make sure they are well packaged so that your parcel won't get messy. International posters - please check postage guidelines for foods.
- If for some reason you can't put together your parcel anymore, please email to notify me by no later than Thursday 30 January.
- Please do the best you can to post your parcel by no later than Friday 7 February to ensure that everyone receives their parcels around the same time. If you have an international partner - remember that it might take longer to get your parcel to its destination so please look into this as soon as you get your partner's location, and perhaps even plan to send your parcel earlier. The aim is for everyone to get their parcels by Valentine's Day of course!